Saturday 20 March 2021

QuizTime(173) What was the name of Pharaoh's chief advisor/minister at the time of Moses(pbuh)?

 

QuizTime(173) What was the name of Pharaoh's chief advisor/minister at the time of Moses(pbuh)?

 

 

Ans: Haman.

Haman is mentioned six times in the Quran: surah 28, verses 6, 8 and 38; surah 29, verse 39; and surah 40, verses 24 and 36. He was the master of constructions, he is connected with a building project in the Quran.

Allah tells us how Musa and his brother Harun came before Fir`awn and his chiefs, and showed them the clear miracles and overwhelming proof that Allah had given them to confirm the truth of what they were saying about Allah being One and that His commandments were to be followed. Fir`awn and his chiefs saw that with their own eyes and realized that it was certainly from Allah, but because of their disbelief and sin they resorted to stubbornness and false arguments.

( Fir`awn said: "O chiefs! I know not that you have a god other than me. So kindle for me (a fire), O Haman, to bake clay, and set up for me a Sarh in order that I may look at the God of Musa; and verily, I think that he (Musa) is one of the liars.'')  [Qur’an ch 28 Verse 38 ]

 So kindle for me (a fire), O Haman, to bake (bricks out of) clay, and set up for me a Sarh in order that I may look at the God of Musa;) He commanded his minister and adviser Haman to bake bricks for him, i.e., to make bricks in order to build a Sarh, an exalted towering palace.

 (And Fir`awn said: "O Haman! Build me a Sarh that I may arrive at the ways -- the ways of the heavens, and I may look upon the God of Musa, but verily, I think him to be a liar.'' Thus it was made fair seeming, in Fir`awn's eyes, the evil of his deeds, and he was hindered from the path; and the plot of Fir`awn led to nothing but loss and destruction) (40:36-37). Fir`awn built this tower, which was the highest structure ever seen on earth, because he wanted to show his people that Musa was lying when he claimed that there was a God other than Fir`awn.

For more details:

Link:  http://www.recitequran.com/tafsir/en.ibn-kathir/28:38

 

By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link:

https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment