Sunday 14 March 2021

QuizTime (162): Who were they and how many Sahabas, boycotted by Muslim community for 50 days & nights?

 

QuizTime (162): Who were they and how many Sahabas, boycotted by Muslim community for 50 days & nights?

 

 

Ans: 1) Ka`b bin Malik 2) Murarah bin Ar-Rabi` Al-`Amiri and 3)  Hilal bin Umayyah Al-Waqifi.'

[May Allah please with them all]

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdullah bin Ka`b bin Malik, who used to guide Ka`b after he became blind, said that he heard Ka`b bin Malik narrate his story when he did not join the battle of Tabuk with the Messenger of Allah. 

….Then I came to Him(Pbuh), and when I greeted him, he gave the smile of an angry person, and then said: “Come here.” So I came walking and sat before him. He said to me: “What detained you from joining us. Had you not purchased a mount?” I answered, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah! By Allah, had I sat before any person from among the inhabitants of this world other than you, I would have avoided his anger with a false excuse, given that, by Allah, I have been gifted with the power of speaking fluently and eloquently. By Allah, I know very well that if today I tell you a lie to seek your pleasure, Allah will surely make you angry with me in the near future, but if I tell you the truth, even though you will be angry with me because of it, I will hope for the forgiveness of Allah. Really, by Allah, there was no excuse for me. By Allah, I had never been stronger or wealthier than I was when I remained behind.” Then the Messenger of Allah (pbuh)  said: “As regards this man, he has indeed told the truth. So get up till Allah decides your case.”

 …..I asked them, “Is there anybody else who has received the same fate as I?” They replied, “Yes, there are two men who said the same as you, and both of them were given the same order that was given to you.” I asked, “Who are they?” They replied, “Muraarah bin Ar-Rabee‘ Al-‘Amri and Hilaal bin Umayyah Al-Waaqifi.”

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh)  forbade all the Muslims to talk to us - the three abovementioned persons - out of all those who had remained behind in that battle. So we kept away from the people, and they changed their attitude towards us till the very land [where I lived] appeared strange to me as if I did not know it.

“….Then I remained in that state for ten more nights till the period of fifty nights had passed, starting from the time when the Messenger of Allah (pbuh)  prohibited the people from talking to us.I offered the Fajr prayer on the fiftieth morning on the roof of one of our houses, and I was sitting in the state which Allah described [in the Quran]: My soul confined me and even the earth seemed narrow to me in spite of all its vastness. Then I heard the voice of one who had ascended the mountain of Sala‘ calling at the top of his voice, “O Ka‘b bin Maalik, Rejoice with the glad tidings!” I fell down in prostration before Allah The Almighty, realizing that relief had come. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) announced the acceptance of our repentance by Allah The Almighty just after he had offered the Fajr prayer. The people then went out to congratulate us.”

“And [He also forgave] the three who were left behind [and regretted their error] to the point that the earth closed in on them in spite of its vastness and their souls confined them and they were certain that there is no refuge from Allah except in Him. Then He turned to them so they could repent. Indeed, Allah is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.[Al-Qur’an ch 9 Verse 118]

   Allah sent His relief from the distress and grief that struck these three men, because Muslims ignored them for fifty days and nights.

 

Please read the complete story.

 The Story of the Three Who were Left Behind – I

Link: https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/160547/the-story-of-the-three-who-were-left-behind-i

 The Story of the Three Who were Left Behind – II

Link:https://www.islamweb.net/prophet/index.php?page=showarticle&id=160548&page=showarticle&id=160548

 

Tafsir ibn Kathir : http://www.recitequran.com/tafsir/en.ibn-kathir/9:118

 

Allah knows the best.

 

By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment