Monday 29 March 2021

QuizTime(190) Which Sahabi was asked to disbelieve in Prophet(pbuh) to get his own money from his debtor & Qur’an verses revealed?

 

QuizTime(190) Which Sahabi was asked to disbelieve in Prophet(pbuh) to get his own money from his debtor & Qur’an verses revealed?

 


Ans:  Khabbab bin Al-Aratt(r.a)

Khabbab reported that Al-`As b. Wa'il owed debt to me. I came to him in order to demand that. He said: I will never repay you unless you belie Muhammad. I said: I would never belie Muhammad until you die and you are again raised up. He said: When I would be raised up after death, I would repay your debt when I would get my property and children back. Waki` said: This is how Al-A`mash has narrated and it was on this occasion that this verse was revealed: Hast thou seen him who disbelieves in Our message and says: I shall certainly be given wealth and children (xix, 77) up to he would come to Us alone (xix, 80).

[Sahi Muslim Hadith 7062, Sahi Bukhari Hadith 2091,  2425 & Trimidhi Hadith 3162]

“Have you seen him who denied Our revelations, and said, “I will be given wealth and children”?  Did he look into the future, or did he receive a promise from the Most Merciful? No indeed! We will write what he says, and will keep extending the agony for him.  Then We will inherit from him what he speaks of, and he will come to Us alone.”

[Al-Qur’an ch 19 Verse 77-80]

Imam Ahmad reported from Khabbab bin Al-Aratt that he said, "I was a blacksmith and Al-'As bin Wa'il owed me a debt. So I went to him to collect my debt from him. He said to me, `No, by Allah, I will not pay my debt to you until you disbelieve in Muhammad.' I replied to him, `No, by Allah, I will not disbelieve in Muhammad until you die and are resurrected again.' He then said to me, `Verily, if I die and am resurrected, and you come to me, I will also have abundance of wealth and children and I will repay you then.' Then, Allah revealed these Ayat, (Have you seen him who disbelieved in Our Ayat and said: "I shall certainly be given wealth and children.'') until,  (and he shall come to Us alone.)

For more details:

Link:  http://www.recitequran.com/tafsir/en.ibn-kathir/19:77

Allaah knows best.


By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment