Monday 15 February 2021

Quiz Time (24) Which Sahabi was threatened by his Mother, won't eat and drink till she dies, if he doesn’t forsake Islam & Ayat revealed?

 

Quiz Time (24) Which Sahabi was threatened by his Mother, won't eat and drink till she dies, if he doesn’t forsake Islam & Ayat revealed?

 

 

Ans: Sa'ad Ibn Abi Waqqaas(R.a)

 

 

In this town lives a young man who has not yet seen twenty summers. He is short, well built, and has a very heavy crop of hair. People compare him to a young lion. He comes from a rich and noble family. He is very attached to his parents and is particularly fond of his mother. His name is Sa'ad Ibn Abi Waqqaas .

 

 

One morning at about this time in his life, Abu Bakr came up and spoke softly to him. He explained that Muhammad Ibn 'Abdullah had received Revelation and was sent with the religion of guidance and truth. Abu Bakr then took him to Prophet Muhammad in one of the valleys of Makkah. Sa'ad was excited and overwhelmed, and responded readily to the invitation to the truth and the religion of One God. The Prophet was also greatly pleased when Sa'ad became a Muslim.

 

 

“When my mother heard the news of my acceptance of Islam, she flew into a rage. She came up to me and said: “‘O Sa'ad! What is this religion that you have embraced, which has taken you away from the religion of your mother and father? By God, either you forsake your new religion, or I would not eat or drink until I die. Your heart would be broken with grief for me, and remorse would consume you on account of the deed which you have done, and people would censure you forever more.’ “‘Do not do (such a thing), my mother,’ I said, ‘for I would not give up my religion for anything.’”

 

 

However, she went on with her threat. For days, she neither ate nor drank and became emaciated and weak. Hour after hour, I went to her asking whether I should bring her some food or something to drink, but she persistently refused, insisting that she would neither eat nor drink until she died or I abandoned my religion. I said to her: “‘Ya Ummah! (O mother) In spite of my strong love for you, my love for Allah and His Messenger is indeed stronger. By Allah, if you had a thousand souls and one soul after another were to depart, I would not abandon my religion for anything.’

 

 

When she saw that I was determined she relented unwillingly and ate and drank.”It was concerning Sa'ad‘s relationship with his mother and her attempt to force him to renounce his faith that the words of were revealed in the Quran.

 

 

Allah Says (what mean): {And We have enjoined upon man (care) for his parents. His mother carried him, (increasing her) in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the (final) destination. But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in (this) world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to me (in repentance). Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.} [Quran 31:14-15]

 

For more details: 

 

Link : https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/134458/saad-ibn-abi-waqqaas

 


By Mohammed Asif Ali. 
#MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: 
https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment