Monday 15 February 2021

QuizTime (18): Which Sahaba known as "Sword of Allah" ?

 

QuizTime (18): Which Sahaba known as "Sword of Allah"?

 

Ans: Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allah be pleased with him)



Khalid Bin Waleed(r.a) was awarded the title of sword of Allah by the prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him) at the end of Battle/ Ghazwah, of Mu’tah. on the day of Mu’tah seven swords were broken in his hand, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh.



He had a great love of jihad in support of the religion of Allah and to subdue the forces of evil, kufr and tyranny. Jihad distracted him from all worldly preoccupations, to such an extent that he used to say: “There is no night in which I was given a bride that I love that was more dear to me than a night of severe cold and ice on a campaign in which I attacked an enemy the following morning. Narrated by Abu Ya‘la.



And he (may Allah be pleased with him) said when he was dying: I sought to be killed in a place where death is usually expected (i.e., the battlefield) but it was decreed for me to die in my bed. There is no deed of mine that gave me greater hope, after [saying] la ilaaha ill-Allah, than a night that I spent with a shield in my hand and it rained until morning, in preparation for raiding the kuffaar.



Then he said: If I die, then look at my weapons and my horse, and give them (for jihad) for the sake of Allah.



Allah knows the best. 


By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli



Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment