Saturday 27 February 2021

QuizTime (120): Who was that Sahabi requested to offer two units of Salah before his execution done by Quraysh in Makkah ?

 

QuizTime (120): Who was that Sahabi requested to offer two units of Salah before his execution done by Quraysh  in Makkah ?

 

Ans: Khubayb bin 'Adiyy (R.a)


The sons of Al-Harith the infidel bought Khubayb(r.a)  in order to execute him and thereby avenge their father's death. They kept him captive until they decided when the execution would take place. While he (r.a)   was held captive, he borrowed a razor from one of the daughters of Al-Harith, as in the following narration: 

Abu Hurayrah (r.a)   narrated: “The daughter of Al-Harith said: 'When the people gathered (to execute Khubayb) he borrowed a razor from me so that he could shave his pubic hair. He also took a son of mine who had come to him while I was unaware. I saw him placing my son on his thigh while the razor was in his hand. I was so terrified that Khubayb noticed this from my face. He said: 'Are you afraid that I will kill him? No! I would never do so.' I swear by Allah that I have never seen a finer prisoner than Khubayb. I swear by Allah that I once saw him eating of a bunch of grapes that was in his hand whilst he was in iron chains, and there was no fruit at that time in Makkah – it was nothing except provision provided by Allah to him. When they took him outside the Sanctuary (of Makkah) to kill him, Khubayb requested them to allow him to offer two Rak’ahs (units of prayer).

They gave him permission, and he did so. Then, he said to them: 'Had I not feared that you would think that I was afraid (of being executed), I would have prolonged the prayer. O Allah! Kill them all, without exception.' Then ‘Uqbah the son of Al-Harith got up and executed him. Therefore, it was Khubayb who set the tradition for any Muslim sentenced to death in captivity to offer a two-Rak'ah prayer (before being executed). Later on, when some infidels of the Quraysh were informed that 'Asim had been killed, they sent some people to fetch a part of his body (his head) by which he would be recognisable. (This was because) 'Asim had killed one of their chiefs on the day (of the battle) of Badr. However, a swarm of wasps resembling a shady cloud were sent to hover over ‘Asim and protect him from their messenger, and thus they could not cut off anything from his flesh.'” [Al-Bukhari]

Must read the story of unsung Sahabhi of Muhammed(pbuh): 

Link:  https://www.islamweb.net/en/article/164039/the-execution-of-khubayb-bin-adiyy

Allah knows the best.

 

By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment