Saturday 27 February 2021

QuizTime(130) Which Qur’an verse revealed when there was dispute between Sahabi and Jew over a land and Jew ready to take false oath ?

 

QuizTime(130) Which Qur’an verse revealed when there was dispute between Sahabi and Jew over a land and Jew ready to take false oath ?

 

Ans:  Surah Al-Imran Ch 3 Verse 77.

   

      “As for those who sell the faith they owe to Allah and their own plighted word for a small price, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter: Nor will Allah (Deign to) speak to them or look at them on the Day of Judgment, nor will He cleans them (of sin): They shall have a grievous penalty.”[Al-Qur’an ch 3 verse 77]

Narrated Abdullah ibn Masud: The Messenger of Allah صلیاللہعلیہوسلم said: He who swears an oath in which he tells a lie to take the property of a Muslim by unfair means, will meet Allah while He is angry with him. Al-Ashath said: I swear by Allah, he said this about me. There was some land between me and a Jew, but he denied it to me; so I presented him to the Prophet صلیاللہعلیہوسلم. The Prophet صلیاللہعلیہوسلم asked me: Have you any evidence? I replied: No. He said to the Jew: Take an oath. I said: Messenger of Allah, now he will take an oath and take my property. So Allah, the Exalted, revealed the verse, As for those who sell the faith they owe to Allah and their own plighted word for a small price, they shall have no portion in the hereafter. Dawood#3243

“Al-Ash`ath said, "By Allah! This verse was revealed concerning me. I owned some land with a Jewish man who denied my right, and I complained against him to the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet asked me, `Do you have evidence' I said, `I don't have evidence.' He said to the Jew, `Take an oath then.' I said, `O Allah's Messenger! He will take a (false) oath immediately, and I will lose my property.' Allah revealed the verse,  “(Verily, those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant and their oaths...)''

Tafsir ibn Kahtir.

For More details: 

Link : http://www.recitequran.com/tafsir/en.ibn-kathir/3:78


Allah knows the best.

 

By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment