Saturday 13 March 2021

QuizTime(151): What was the first word of the Qur’an that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?

 

QuizTime(151): What was the first word of the Qur’an that was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?

 

Ans: "Iqra"(Read, proclaim, recite).

There is a chapter named in the Qur'an Surah "Iqra" ch 96, also know as Surah Alaq.

Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) used to go to the cave of Hira' and devote himself to worship there for a number of nights, and he would bring provisions for that. Then he would return to Khadijah and replenish his provisions for a similar number of nights. This continued until the revelation suddenly came to him while he was in the cave of Hira'. The angel came to him while he was in the cave and said, "Read!'' The Messenger of Allah said.

« فَقُلْتُ: مَا أَنَا بِقَارِىء »

(I replied: "I am not one who reads.) Then he said, "So he (the angel) seized me and pressed me until I could no longer bear it. Then he released me and said: `Read!' So I replied: `I am not one who reads.' So, he pressed me a second time until I could no longer bear it. Then he released me and said:

(Read in the Name of your Lord who has created.) until he reached the Ayah,( مَا لَمۡ يَعۡلَمۡ) (That which he knew not.)

So he returned with them (those Ayat) and with his heart trembling until he came (home) to Khadijah, and he said,(Wrap me up, wrap me up!) So they wrapped him up until his fear went away. After that he told Khadijah everything that had happened.

Allah knows the best.

 

By Mohammed Asif Ali. #MohammedAsifAli

Our Page link: https://www.facebook.com/Islam.A.Solution.For.Humanity/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment